- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Suppliers as diverse as our properties.
The Hilton Worldwide vision is to create supplier relationships that reflect the cultural diversity of local communities. Our commitment is rooted in the belief that relationships with new and diverse suppliers will establish our leadership role in the global marketplace and creates a multitude of benefits for our customers, team members, and stakeholders.
Supplier Diversity Program
The foundation of an effective supplier diversity program is a sound measure of current diverse spending. Such a benchmark allows goal setting against overall spending and the availability of quality goods and services from minority-owned and woman-owned businesses (MWBEs). The system we have in place provides such a foundation.
Through our Supplier Diversity Program, we develop strategic alliances with companies whose culture and values are consistent with ours focusing on Value, Quality, Service, Business Stability, and Business Practices. Hilton Supply Management is committed to the key areas of the Diversity Principle of Social Responsibility as identified by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM):
- Proactively promote purchasing from, and the development of, socially diverse suppliers.
- Encourage diversity within Hilton Supply Management and the entire corporation.
- Proactively promote diverse employment practices throughout the supply chain.
For consideration in our Supplier Diversity Program, companies must be at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by a member of one of the following minority groups – Women, Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, or Native American. Veteran and LGBT suppliers, who meet the 51% owned, operated, and controlled criteria are also given consideration. In the case of a publicly-owned business, at least one or more such individuals must own 51% of the stock. Those minority group members also must control the management and daily operations of the company.
When selecting minority suppliers, Hilton Worldwide has a preference for those who have been certified by councils that recognize minorities or women, such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and meet pre-determined minimum qualifications. Preference is also shown to Veteran and LGBT suppliers who are certified and meet the pre-determined qualifications.
Facilitation & Support
We participate in various activities and events to expand business opportunities and relationships within the minority-owned or women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) community by:
- Attending trade shows and business events sponsored by various groups representing MWBE interests.
- Organizing in-house meetings for suppliers to meet with buyers.
- Soliciting input from the MWBE community regarding outreach activities and communication mechanisms.
- Performing supplier inspections, as appropriate, to ensure the ability to meet contract obligations.