- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Positively influencing tomorrow.
Sustainability is simply good business. Since Hilton Worldwide brands touch thousands of communities and millions of people every day, it's important for us to lead our industry with sustainable practices that deliver great guest experiences and protect the world we live in.
LightStay™ - From Commitment to Action
LightStay™, our proprietary sustainability measurement system is a brand standard across our portfolio of hotels and helps improve hotel performance and profitability while decreasing our company's overall impact. In 2010, Hilton Worldwide properties reduced*:
*Savings normalized against 2008 baseline.
ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 Certification
Hilton Worldwide and all properties within our global portfolio of brands have now achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification (Quality Management) and ISO 14001:2004 certification (Environment Management). We are one of the largest-ever volume certifications of commercial buildings across any industry.
Across our portfolio of conservation-friendly hotels and corporate offices, we've made a five-year commitment, from 2009 to 2014, to reduce:
- Energy consumption by 20 percent
- CO2 emissions by 20 percent
- Waste output by 20 percent
- Water consumption by 10 percent
Our Sustainability Mission
To benefit this and future generations by actively managing our business through the lens of sustainability. Sustainability in action helps us:
- Protect our world globally
- Advance building design
- Improve operational efficiency
- Serve our communities
- Engage our team members
- Enhance the guest experience