- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Ian R. Carter
President, Global Development, Architecture, Design & Construction
Ian Carter is President, Global Development, Architecture, Design & Construction for Hilton Worldwide. Mr. Carter was Chief Executive Officer of Hilton International prior to its re-acquisition by the company in 2006.
Prior to joining the company, Mr. Carter served as Officer and President of Black & Decker Corporation, Middle East, Africa and Asia. In this role, he was responsible for all operations outside of the Americas. Prior to Black & Decker, Mr. Carter spent more than a decade with General Electric Plastics, ultimately serving as President of General Electric Specialty Chemical.
Mr. Carter serves on multiple boards and organizations including:
- Visit Florida – Member of the Board of Directors for the state's official tourism marketing corporation which serves as a key resource for travel planning to visitors across the globe.
- Boston University School of Hospitality Administration- Vice Chair of the Board of Advisors.
- Board of Burberry Group plc – Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Remuneration and Compensation Committee of the FTSE 100 British luxury fashion house, which manufactures clothing, fragrance and fashion accessories.
- Del Frisco Restaurant Group (DFRG) – Chairman of the Board. DFRG owns and operates three contemporary, high-end, complementary restaurant concepts.
- Dame Maureen Thomas Foundation for Young People – President of this charitable trust that raises funds to support young people in the areas of health and education across Europe.
Mr. Carter is a graduate of the University of West London, School of Business and Management, and received an honorary doctorate from the University for his industry accomplishments and ongoing support of the development of future hospitality leaders.